Monday, February 11, 2008

Can you tell I've been busy?

I can't believe that it has been over a year since I have posted. I will try to do better about that this year. ... We'll see...

O.K., What has happened in the last year since I posted.

1) I graduated.

2) I got a job teaching Algebra 1 and Math Models and other Math Labs at Cisco High School.

3) We got a cat. Emma Rose makes our lives very interesting.

4) We bought a house. Chris and I and Emma now live in a very nice 4 bedroom, 2 bath house. It is sooo nice having a real house and not having to deal with landlords and loud neighbors fighting every night outside beneath your window. I

5) We bought a new car after Chris's car imploded. As he puts it: his car got in a wreck with itself. The engine block became loose and shook around under the hood while he was driving, thus tearing up everything underneath the hood. I now drive a Toyota Corolla while he drives my old Concorde because the Corolla gets ten more miles to the gallon. That makes a difference when you are putting 500 miles + on your car each week.

6) I found and joined Librivox.org. Librivox is a site run by volunteers that creates free public domain audiobooks by having volunteers read chapters of public domain books. I am totally addicted. I listen to audiobooks frequently due to my long (1 hour both ways) commute. And recording chapters gives me a sense of accomplishment. Something is done! Also, I love the feeling that I am contributing to other people being exposed to literature. As most of my friends know, I love books. If you ask for books for Christmas/Birthdays, you will get books. Chris and I claim that we are single-handedly keeping the Books-A-Million in business.
I am currently working on a number of collaborative projects , where various volunteers read one or two chapters (or more ) chapters each. I am also doing a solo project of Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte. This means that I am the only one recording on this project. I am hoping to have it finished by the end of May.
When I figure out how to do it, I will keep a list here of the projects that I have contributed to.

7) I got a wonderful, brand new, embroidery sewing machine for Christmas! I have been wanting a new machine for years and years now. As the maiden project on the new machine, I made personalized Christmas stockings for Chris and myself and for my brother and sister in-law and their dog. I am currently working on a graduation quilt for my brother, who is graduating from High School in May. I am doing the quilt in this school colors; Red and Blue. To honor all of the sports that he participates in, I am embroidering soccer, basketball, cross-country, and track designs on the quilt along with his name and best times. I am very excited. I have not done a full-size quilt before and this should be a lot of fun. ( I hope so, because I have four more siblings who need graduation quilts after him...)

I think that pretty much gets me caught up.

No comments: